A Landscape file (.LCP) is a multi-band raster format commonly used by wildland fire behavior and fire effects models such as FARSITE and FlamMap. The .LCP file defines your project area and is the first input needed to run most models in IFTDSS. LCP's generated in IFTDSS are derived from LANDFIRE.
Click on the statement below to learn more about a specific landscape topic:
- The bands of an .LCP file store data describing terrain, tree canopy, and fuel model.
- Landscape data is available for LANDFIRE Versions 2012, 2014, 2016, and 2020.
- Landscapes created in IFTDSS are automatically given a 4980 meter buffer.
- A "landscape" may be described by different terms depending on what you're doing in IFTDSS.
- Landscape features can sometimes create unexpected combinations.
- Landscapes can be created from the Planning Cycle, in Map Studio, or from the Create Here button, if present.
Tip: Need to view outputs for a specific polygon in Map Studio? Try the Apply Mask option in Layer List .